Watch our virtual DEP event on March 17th 2022 where we convened representatives from five organizations to present case studies of projects implemented throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, in Zimbabwe, the Philippines, Venezuela, Myanmar, and Indonesia.
• Yogi Zul Fadhli is the current director of LBH Yogyakarta. Yogi has a background in law and extensive experience in delivering and coordinating legal aid.
• Ms. Thandolwenkosi Mahaja holds a B.Sc. (Hons) from the University of Zimbabwe and is an accomplished human rights abuses and database analyst with over ten years’ experience in the use of geographical information systems in processing real time human rights situation information.
• Amado Vivas is a Venezuelan lawyer and coordinator of the legal department of Espacio Público, Venezuelan NGO dedicated to the promotion and defence of freedom of speech and access to information in Venezuela.
• Redento B. Recio has a PhD in Urban Planning and Governance and is currently a postdoctoral research fellow at the University of Melbourne’s Informal Urbanism Research Hub. His research focuses on social inclusion, urban informal livelihoods, grassroots collective action, development planning and urban governance issues in global South cities.
• Tanya Hubbard is a facilitator and trainer with more than 15 years of experience of facilitating dialogue and learning spaces to support people to transform conflicts, (re)build positive relationships, identify their own solutions for overcoming challenges and begin a process of collective healing. She has worked in China, Lebanon, Thailand, Uganda, inner city London and, from 2013 until now, in Myanmar.